Purikura (translated as print club) is a Japanese reference to a photo sticker booth and has become a wide world phenomenon since it was introduced to the world in 1995. If anyone has been to China Town in London they have most likely heard of the Photo Sticker Club where you are able to edit photos creating magical scenes and great memories with friends, which in turn can then be turned into posters, keyrings and cute stickers. Thanks to the ultimate search machine on the world wide web I’ve had a go at researching into other places which have the crazy photo machine other than here in London. Bored on a rainy day? Take a trip to your local *PURIKURA*!
- Pixel Memory Studio in Del Amo Fashion Mall, Torrence, CA. 2 locations one near H&M and one near Macy’s
- Burbank Town Center Mall, Burbank, CA
- Pixel Memory Studio in Westfield Culver City Mall, Culver City, CA. One near Target and one near JC Penny’s
- Pika Pika 1581 Webster Street #185 CA 94115
- Great Mall, Milpitas, CA 9503
- Kostbarzeiten, Hamburg 20099
- McCully Shopping Center, Honolulu, HI 96826
- ６−１ Midorocho KobeNada Ward, Hyogo Prefecture 657-0851
- (upstairs) 55-57 Charing Cross Road. WC2H 0NE
- Elizabeth Mall in Manhattan chinatown the prices are quite high at $20
- Flushing Mall in Queens Chinatown $7 a sheet
- 460 Victoria Street, Hamilton Central, Hamilton 3204
For those who can’t find an area close by with a photo booth – there is always the app called SBYCamera free for both Android phones and iPhones. Be sure to show us the pictures you create by tagging them #pulppurikura!