Over the last few months it seems our themes have allowed for a lot of introspection without directly meaning to; this month we do mean to. The Mind will explore anything and everything and no topic will be too big. Some may take this to mean thoughts, others may think of the scientific aspect of things. Our goal is to honor both thought and science where the mind is concerned. Over the course of the month I personally hope to also explore both ends of the spectrum: the thoughts and adjustments I’ve been making since the death of my uncle, and my newly sought out treatment for severe anxiety.
My idea was a theme that can encompass Mental Health Awareness Month while still being inclusive of general submissions, and this is what we came up with. The Mind. Discussions and art can center around daydreaming, dreams for future, being open-minded, etc.
MIND [mahynd] N.
- (in humans or other conscious beings) the element, part, substance, or process that reasons, thinks, feels, wills, perceives, judges, etc.
- Psychology. the totality of conscious and unconscious mental processes and activities
- intellect or understanding, as distinguished from the faculties of feeling and willing
- a particular instance of intellect or intelligence, as in a person
- intellectual power or ability
- reason, sanity, or sound mental condition
A Google search for the word ‘mind’ brings up an array of things – definitions, images of the human brain. Facebook asks us “What’s on your mind?” while Twitter says “What’s happening?” There is certainly no shortage of ways to embrace this topic and create something amazing, which we want to invite you to do along with us!
Send us your submissions for this month before our schedule fills up! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with MIND SUBMISSION in the subject line. We can’t wait to see your masterpieces ♡