Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click on those links and buy something from the retailer, I, Amy from The Glitter in My Tea, earn a commission. Thank you for supporting me, so I can continue to bring you great content like this!
You know why I
like love the heart-eyed emoji?
You can use it for almost anything! An Instagram picture of a puppy? *heart-eyes* A video of my nephew in his diaper? *heart-eyes* A Facebook post of an old group photo of my high school BFF’s? *heart-eyes* Seeing my husband in his dapper outfit on our Valentine’s Day date? *real-life heart-eyes*
So no matter what you celebrate(or don’t celebrate) this upcoming Valentine’s Day, this festive headband is perfect for that occasion!
- Ping pong balls, yellow or white
- Yellow spray paint (if using white ping pong balls)
- Hot glue + hot glue gun
- Pencil + black Sharpie
- Red heart stickers
- Pink nail polish
- Hot glue 5-6 ping pong balls on the headband. Note: Keep a little space in between each ball, so that when you put it on, there’s room for the ping pong balls to move around as the headband expands.
- (If you’re working with yellow ping pong balls, skip this step and go to step 3.) Once the hot glue has cooled, head to a well-ventilated area, and spray paint the ping pong balls yellow. Let the paint dry overnight. Tip: To keep paint from getting on your hand, I found that a grocery bag worked well as a glove. Also note, it’s alright if a little yellow paint gets on the headband, because you’ll be painting it later anyway.
- Use the nail polish to paint the outside only of the headband. If desired, paint a second coat. Let it dry.
- Lightly sketch with the pencil the emoji’s mouth on each ping pong ball, then go over it and color it in with the Sharpie
- Finally, stick the heart stickers on for the eyes.