Coffee Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub
I’m not a DIY-kind-of-girl, but DIY scrubs is what I keep making again and again. So when Bridgette from The Pulp Zine invited me to write a guest post for her lovely blog, my first thought was to make a scrub. Again! The reason why I love making scrubs is that they are super easy to craft, inexpensive (all or at least most of these products you’ll find in your kitchen, I promise!), contain as many ingredients as you like, and are very effective. Also, I love coffee + vanilla scent so much that it feels like I’m using a luxurious beauty product, not a simple DIY body scrub.
1 Cup of ground Coffee
½ or 1 Cup of unrefined Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons of ground Vanilla (I used BioVegan ground Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil*
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil*
* You can use any unrefined oil you like (i.e. Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, etc.)
- Mix Coffee, Sugar, and Vanilla together.
- Add the Olive Oil and combine.
- Melt the Coconut Oil, let it cool down a bit and add to the mix. Combine well.
- The scrub should feel like a wet sand, if not, add a little bit more of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil and combine well.
- Now when you’re happy with your scrub, transfer it to an airtight jar.
When I first started talking to Inga of Organic Beauty Blogger about the idea of a guest post, we had plans to do so for each other’s blogs. In the midst of emails and links confusion ensued and I thought her instructions would be a better edition to the zine than my personal blog. I decided to feature her not for her enthusiasm and passion for organic beauty products; not to mention that with all the Halloween and Dia de Muertos makeup that will be coming, and stressful National Novel Writing Month on its way, self-care and cute DIY projects will be the perfect edition to this autumn season. If you find yourself getting too filthy this month you should definitely give this a go. MAke sure to check out her blog for other beauty tips, DIY guides, and more! – Bridgette, Secret Journal Editor
Featured image via tumblr.