Whenever I hear the word magic, I think of mermaids pampering themselves for an eternity. Ever since I was a kid I’ve wanted to be a mermaid… or at least feel like one. Thanks to this super fun and easy bath bomb DIY, I can feel like a magical mermaid in my own bathtub, and now you babes can, too!
What you will need:
- 8 oz. baking soda
- 4 oz. citric acid
- 4 oz. corn starch
- 4 oz. salt
- Any essential oil(s) or your choice. (My favorite is anything floral- especially rose extract!)
- Food coloring (The amount you use for this is up to you. The less you use the more pastel it will be, and so on.)
- Mold (silicon works best)
- Whisk or spoon
- Body glitter (optional)
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add water. This part is a little tricky, because if you add too much you will ruin the bath bomb. (You’ll know it’s too much if it starts fizzing an insane amount, like it’s supposed to in the bath). One you have enough water, firmly press some of the mix together. When is gently sticks, you’re ready for the next step.
- Add in your food coloring and essential oils. Mix together with your hands, until it is spread evenly. If you’re using glitter, add it in this step.
- Start firmly pressing your mermaid magic into your molds.
- The mixture will start to rise in the mold. Although it’s tempting make sure not to touch it (unless you want to ruin the shape). Wait a few hours and then you’re all set!